An Approach towards Designing a Cryptographic Confidentiality Algorithm with high PSNR & Time Efficient
Steganography is the technique of hiding valuable information within other data. While cryptography makes sure that the data is unreadable to the third party. To fulfill the concern of security, many approaches of steganography and cryptography are discussed and developed. In the paper we proposed a work with combined approach of steganography and cryptography and is applied to achieve the goal of security with better efficiency as compared to previous methodologies. The information hiding system is mainly designed with the attributes of characters i.e. RGB values. The proposed work presented in this paper implements the five processing steps of our methodology. These steps consists the generation of a pseudo random number with the help of a 128 bit key, generation of four keys to encrypt the message, encryption by symmetric key encryption technique, cipher text hiding by replacing the least significant with the application of modified LSB algorithm, and generation of secured message at the end as output. The proposed algorithm is designed in such a way that before hiding a bit, the bit is optimized first that it increases the PSNR value as compared with previous algorithms without affecting the other parameters.
. Md. Palash Uddin, Mousumi Saha, Syeda Jannatul Ferdousi, Masud Ibn Afjal, Md. Abu Marjan, “Developing an Efficient Solution to Information Hiding through Text Steganography along with Cryptography” The 9th International Forum on Strategic Technology (IFOST), October 21-23, 2014, Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh, IEEE
. Xing Tang, Mingsong Chen, “Design And Implementation Of Information Hiding System Based On RGB”, 2013 IEEE.
. Rishav Ray, Jeeyan Sanyal, Debanjan Das, Asoke Nath, “A new Challenge of hiding any encrypted secret message inside any Text/ASCII file or in MS word file: RJDA Algorithm”, 2012 International Conference on Communication Systems and Network Technologies, IEEE.
. Symmetric Key Cryptography using Random Key generator : Asoke Nath, Saima Ghosh, Meheboob Alam Mallik: “Proceedings of International conference on security and management(SAM’10” held at Las Vegas, USA Jul 12-15, 2010), P-Vol-2, 239-244(2010).
. An Integrated Symmetric key Cryptography Algorithm using Generalised modified Vernam Cipher method and DJSA method: DJMNA symmetric key algorithm : Debanjan Das, Joyshree Nath, Megholova Mukherjee, Neha Choudhary, Asoke Nath: Communicated for publication in IEEE International conference WICT 2011 to be held at Mumbai Dec 11-14, 2011.
. Data Hiding and Retrieval : Asoke Nath, Sankar Das, Amlan Chakraborty, published in IEEE “Proceedings of International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Communication Networks(CICN 2010)” held from 26-28 NOV’ 2010 at Bhopal.
. Advanced Steganographic approach for hiding encrypted secret message in LSB, LSB+1, LSB+2, LSB+3 bits in non standard cover files : Joyshree Nath, Sankar Das, Shalabh Agarwal and Asoke Nath, International Journal of Computer Applications, Vol- 14, No. 7, Page-31-35, Feb (2011).
. Advanced Steganography Algorithm using encrypted secret message : Joyshree Nath and Asoke Nath, International Journal of Computer Science and Applications, Vol-2, No. 3, Page- 19-24, Mar (2010).
. A Challenge in hiding encrypted message in LSB and LSB+1 bit positions in any cover files: executable files, Microsoft Office files and database files, image files, audio and video files : Joyshree Nath, Sankar Das, Shalabh Agarwal and Asoke Nath : JGRCS, Vol-2, No. 4, Page- 180-185, Apr (2011).
. New Data Hiding Algorithm in MATLAB using Encrypted secret message: Agniswar Dutta, Abhirup Kumar Sen, Sankar Das, Shalabh Agarwal and Asoke Nath : Proceedings of IEEE CSNT- 2011 held at SMVDU (Jammu), 03-06 Jun, 2011, Page 262-267.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to reject the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.