An Algorithm for Ranking Web Pages Based on Links and Ant Colony Algorithm
With the exponential web growth, techniques of recommender systems and pages ranking algorithms have gained importance over time. Web mining which is considered as a subset of data mining, is being emphasized in three categories: web mining based on application, web mining based on content and web mining based on structure. Pages ranking algorithms operates mainly based on structure-based web mining. In the current study it has been tried to maximize accuracy of pages ranking with combining function and structure-based techniques. Improvement of Page Rank algorithm is performed using user profiles and important attributes to page ranking algorithm (number of inbound and outbound links to pages). Due to the problem broadness, the use of meta-heuristic algorithms (such as ant colony algorithm) has been highlighted in the current study and the fitness function is set so that the increase of iterations will increase the accuracy of PageRank algorithms. The results of the study explain accuracy of the proposed method compared to other methods.
Sara Setayesh , Ali Harounabadi, Amir Masoud Rahmani, 2014, Presentation of an Extended Version of the PageRank Algorithm to Rank Web Pages Inspired by Ant Colony Algorithm, International Journal of Computer Applications (0975 – 8887) Volume 85 – No 17
.  Brin, S., Page, L. , 1998. The anatomy of a large-scale hypertextual web search engine, Proceedings of the 7th International World Wide Web Conference. Briabane, Australia, Apr 14-18, pp.107-117.
Xing, W., Ghorbani, A. 2004. Weighted PageRank Algorithm. Proceedings of the Second Annual Conference on Communication Networks and Services Research (CNSR’04), IEEE, pp. 305- 314.
Tyagi, N., Sharma, S. 2012. Weighted PageRank Algorithm Based on Number of Visits of Links of Web Page. International Journal of Soft Computing and Engineering (IJSCE), vol.2, pp. 441- 446.
Dinkar, S.K., Kumar, H. 2012. Interaction Information Retrieval and Improved Page Rank Algorithm Based on Aceess Duration of Page. International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology (IJERT), vol.1, pp.1-5..
Peng, Z., Xiu, X., Ming, Z. 2011. An Efficient Improved Strategy for the PageRank Algorithm. International Conference on Management and Service Science (MASS), IEEE, pp. 1-4.
Scarselli, F., Liang Yong, S., Gori, M., Hagenbuchner, M., Tsoi, A.C., Maggini, M. 2005. Graph Neural Networks for Ranking Web Pages. International Conference on Web Intelligence. Proceedings. The 2005 IEEE/WIC/ACM, pp.666- 672.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to reject the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.