Algorithm for Line Follower Robots to Follow Critical Paths with Minimum Number of Sensors
This paper introduces an approach which help a line follower robot to achieve the ability to autonomously follow a path that has straight lines, curve, 90 degree bends, T-junctions and + junctions using minimum sensors. Generally a line follower robot uses matrix of sensors to achieve this ability. This paper discuss about the algorithm through which a line follower can do the same thing using an array of sensor with minimum number of sensors. Because, if we able to decrease sensor number, we can decrease the complexity of the robot. Additionally, it also reduce the cost. But, here main challenge is ensuring efficiency. As we know, for a line follower robot, it is difficult to detect and follow T-junctions, 90 degree bends and grid junctions. To overcome this challenge, people add extra sensors to detect 90 degree bends, T-junctions and + junctions and design algorithm to follow them. If we reduce sensor, those robots will not able to detect these critical junctions and so, lose its efficiency. This paper discusses about line sensors configuration, their positions and also develop an algorithm so that a robot can follow a path with curve, 90 degree bends, T-junctions and + junctions using only four sensors.
. Pakdaman,M.Sanaatiyan,M.M.,"Design and Implementation of Line Follower Robot,", Second International Conference on Computer and Electrical Engineering TCCEE '09, vol.2, pp.585-590,Dec.2009.
. PriyankPatil,"AVR Line Following Robot,” Department of Information Technology K. 1. Somaiya College of Engineering Mumbai, India. Mar 5, 2010.
. Aziz, A.R.A., Designing and Constructing an Automatic Steering Vehicle (AGV), in Dept of Electrical Engineering. 2004, University Tenaga Nasional: Malaysia. p. 50.
. Ashari, S., Line, Gap and Colour Sensors, in Dept of Electical Engineering. 2004, University Tenaga Nasional: Malaysia. p. 70.
. “RoboTour and Programming Contest, 2015”, Organized by IEEE RUET Student Branch, Bangladesh
. M. Zafri Baharuddin, Izham Z. Abidin, S. Sulaiman Kaja Mohideen, “Analysis of Line Sensor Configuration for the Advanced Line Follower Robot”, Department of Electrical Engineering, Universiti Tenaga Nasional, Malaysia
. Bajestani, S.E.M., Vosoughinia, A., “Technical Report of Building a Line Follower Robot” International Conference on Electronics and Information Engineering (ICEIE 2010), vol 1, pp. v1-1 v1-5, 2010.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to reject the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.