Feature Prioritization-A Novel Method for Prioritization
One of the most important activities during features engineering is the selection and prioritization of features satisfying various explicit and implicit objectives and constraints. One of the most important steps in incremental software development is the Selection and Prioritization of features satisfying various constraints like stakeholder preference, resources, cost of development etc. As it is practically impossible to implement all the available features in the coming release there is a need to prioritize and choose only those features satisfying these technical and non-technical constraints? In addition, Stakeholder’s interest should also be considered in selecting the features that has to be included in the current version. After analyzing the different prioritization techniques, clearly understanding the drawbacks of traditional methods, the proposed algorithm for Feature prioritization can handle multiple stakeholders, feature dependency; a large feature set and provides an ordering of the generated optimum features.
Aaqib Iqbal, Farhan M Khan, Shahbaz A Khan (2009). “A Critical Analysis of techniques for Feature Prioritization and Open Research”, International Journal of Reviews in Computing, Vol. 1, No. 1.
Shams ul Hassan , Salman Afsar Awan (2012) , “Software Engineering : Factors Affect on Feature Prioritization”, Global Journal of Computer Science and Technology Software & Data Engineering Volume 12 Issue 15 No 1
Rahul Thakurta (2014),”Research Trends on Software Feature Prioritization”,International Journal of Software Engineering and Its Applications Vol.8, No.6 (2014), pp.287-298.
“A Systematic Review of Software Features Prioritization”, Thesis Report , School of Engineering Blekinge Institute of Technology ,Sweden ,2006
Manju Khari, Nikunj Kumar (2013) ,”Comparison of six prioritization techniques for software Features , Journal of Global Research in Computer Science,Volume 4, No. 1, January 2013
Nupoor Garg ,Neha Malhotra (2013) , “Prioritization of Features based upon Quality Approach and Interactive Genetic Algorithm focused on Agile methodologies”, International Journal of Computer Science & Communication Networks,Vol 3(2), 111-113
Shadab Siddiqui, Dr.Mohd. Rizwan Beg, Shahin Fatima (2013 ),Effectiveness of Feature Prioritization Using Analytical Hierarchy Process (AHP) And Planning Game (PG): A Comparative Study, International Journal of Computer Science and Information Technologies, Vol. 4 (1) , 2013, 46 – 49.
Saranya. B , Subha. R. , Dr. Palaniswami. S.(2014), “ A Survey on Prioritization Methodologies to Prioritize Non-Functional Features”, International Journal of Computer Science and Business Informatics, Vol. 12, No. 1
“The Effectiveness of Features Prioritization Techniques for a Medium to Large Number of Features”,Thesis Report , Auckland University,2009
Kaur, G., and Bawa, S. (2013). “A survey of Feature prioritization methods”. Int. J. Eng.Res. Technol, pp.958-962.
Achimugu, P., Selamat, A., Ibrahim, R., and Mahrin, M. N. (2014). A Systematic Review of Software Feature Prioritization Research. Information and Software Technology, Vol 56, pp.568-585.
Thakurta, R. (2012). A framework for prioritization of quality Features for inclusion in a software project. Softw. Qual. J., pp.573–597.
Wohlin, C., and Aurum, A. (2005). What Is Important when Deciding to Include a Software. Proceedings International Symposium on Software Engineering ,IEEE, (pp. 246-255). Austarlia.
Voola, P., and Babu, A. (2013). Comparison of Features Prioritization TechniquesEmploying Different Scales of Measurement. ACM SIGSOFT Software Engineering Notes, Vol 38, pp. 1-10.
Pitangueira, A., Maciel, R., Barros, M., and Andrade, A. (2013). A systematic review of software Features selection and prioritization using SBSE approaches in Search Based Software Engineering (Vol. 8084). Springer, Berlin Heidelberg.
Meenakahi. (2014). Reengineering a Software Process by using Unified Foundation. International Journal of Inventions in Computer Science and Engineering, Vol 1(3), pp.301-307.
Srivastava, P. R., Sankaran, S., and Pandey, P. (2013). Optimal Software Release Policy Approach Using Test Point Analysis and Module Prioritization. MIS Review, an International Journal, Vol 18(2), pp.19-50.
Sharma, C., Sabharwal, S., and Sibal, R. (2011). Applying Genetic Algorithm for Prioritization of Test Case Scenarios Derived from UML Diagrams. International Journal of Computer Science, Vol 8(3), pp.433-444.
Elsayed, S., Sarker, R., and Essam, D. (2014). A new GA for solving Optimization Problems. Elesevier, pp.57-69.
. Dabbagh, M., and Lee, S. P. (2014). An Approach for Integrating the Prioritization of Functional and Nonfunctional Features. The Scientific World Journal Volume, Article ID-737626, pp.1-12.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to reject the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.