Internet, today has become an integral part of our lives. The World Wide Web which initially was a small and non-interactive data storage service is now huge and priceless. Present activities being partially or completely linked with the virtual world can be optimized to a higher level. Every activity associated with our daily life is mapped and related to some entity in the digital world. The world has seen vast advancements in Internet and in 3D stereoscopic displays. Time has come merge the two to deliver a new level of experience to the users. 3D Internet is an idea which is yet to be implemented and requires browsers having the property of depth perception and artificial intelligence. If this property is incorporated then the idea of Internet of things can become a reality which is also discussed in this paper. In this paper we have discussed the features, possible setup methods, applications, and advantages and obstacles faced in the implementation of 3D Internet. Through this paper we intend to provide a clear idea about 3D Internet and the possible benefits associated which clearly are worth the amount of financial investment required for it's implementation.
Miniwatts Marketing Group, “Internet USAGE STATISTICS”, Internet world stats, June 30 2015.Available : http://www.internetworldstats.com/stats.htm [Accessed : September 20,2015].
Michael Moreyne: Business strategies for mobile and IT services, 'Web 3.0 - The Semantic Web', 2015. [Online]. Available: http://www.moreyne.com/web-3-0-the-semantic-web/ [Accessed: 17- Oct- 2015].
Mrs. G. Sumalatha, Mr. S. Bharathiraja, E.(2013). “A survey on 3d Internet in web 3.0”. IJECS volume 2 issue 3 March 2013 pg. 593-598.
P. Patil, '3D Internet', Slideshare.net, 2013. [Online]. Available: http://www.slideshare.net/prasadpa3954/3d-internet-27320866 [Accessed: 17- Oct- 2015].
Peter Baranyi, 10th International Symposium of Hungarian Researchers on Computational Intelligence and Informatics 229 , 3D Internet for Cognitive Info-Communication , pg 231-232.
State of the Internet, 'Akamai State of the Internet | Q2 2015 Report | Connectivity, Trends', 2015. [Online]. Available: https://www.stateoftheinternet.com/resources-connectivity-2015-q2-state-of-the-internet-report.html [Accessed: 17- Oct- 2015].
Akamai, "State of Internet Report Q2 2015",Akamai, 2015. Available: https://community.akamai.com/docs/DOC-4389 [Accessed: September 20, 2015].
Richa Lall, "Google Fiber," My Venture, December 28, 2014. Available: http://myventure.in/google-fiber-services-1gbps-Internet-speed-coming-soon/ [Accessed: September 20, 2015].
Virtual Realities, "Vision Station" vrealities , 2015. Available: https://www.vrealities.com/products/featured/visionstation [Accessed: September 20, 2015].
Linden Labs, "About",Second Life, 2015. Available: http://secondlife.com/whatis [Accessed: September 20, 2015].
Laurence Cruz, "When the Internet goes 3D", Cisco Newsroom | The Network , 2013. Available: http://newsroom.cisco.com/feature-content?type=webcontent&articleId=1129025 [Accessed: September 20, 2015].
The Irish Times, 'Augmented reality is more than just a gimmick', 2015. [Online]. Available: http://www.irishtimes.com/business/media-and-marketing/augmented-reality-is-more-than-just-a-gimmick-1.1764034 [Accessed: 17- Oct- 2015].
Mozilla Foundation, "Web GL",Mozilla Foundation, 2015. Available: https://developer.mozilla.org/enUS/docs/Web/API/WebGL_API [Accessed: September 20, 2015].
e A, Chun W, Kogan D, Kokkevis V, Weber N, Petterson RW, et al. Google body: 3d human anatomy in the browser. In: ACM SIGGRAPH 2011 Talks. ACM. ISBN 1450309747; 2011, p. 19.
Vangie Beal,”Augmented reality”, 2015.[Online]. Available: http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/A/Augmented_Reality.html [Accessed: 17- Oct- 2015].
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to reject the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.