Performance Analysis of BAU Android Application using Firebase Analytics, ADT and Dalvik Tools
Smartphones have now become an integral part of our life. We carry our smartphone with us almost every time and use it to browse the internet, use social network, educational and other apps for different purposes. The apps in these smartphones are also getting smarter and useful in different aspects. These apps have made our life simpler by providing information at our fingertips. According to various statistics, the number of smartphone users in 2013 was 1.31 billion around the world. In 2016, it has exceeded 2 billion. Besides, 80% of the time spent on mobile devices is spent using apps, 20% in browser. This demonstrates the importance of mobile apps compared to traditional websites. In this paper, the performance analysis of an educational institute’s android application has been conducted to gain useful insights and understand the advantages of android application for any organization. The results clearly demonstrate the usefulness of mobile apps in terms of speed, reliability, security, portability and user engagement.
“Smartphone users worldwide 2014-2020.” [Online]. Available: https://www.statista.com/statistics/330695/number-of-smartphone-users-worldwide/. [Accessed: 14-Jul-2017].
“BAU Android Application.” [Online]. Available: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rayyanapps.android.bauapp. [Accessed: 14-Jul-2017].
M. Van Drongelen, Android studio cookbook : design, debug, and test your apps using Android Studio.
“Android Studio.” [Online]. Available: https://developer.android.com/studio/index.html. [Accessed: 10-Jul-2017].
M. Wolfson, Android Developer Tools Essentials: Working with Layout Tools, DDMS, AVD, and ADT. O’Reilly Media, Inc, USA, 2013.
“Firebase console.” [Online]. Available: https://console.firebase.google.com/u/0/. [Accessed: 08-Jul-2017].
“Firebase Metrics.” [Online]. Available: https://support.google.com/firebase/answer/6317517?authuser=0#active-users. [Accessed: 08-Jul-2017].
“What is A Cohort Report and Why Is It Valuable?” [Online]. Available: http://www.evergage.com/blog/what-cohort-reporting/. [Accessed: 09-Jul-2017].
F. R. Dwyer, “Customer Lifetime Valuation to Support Decision Making,” Journal of Direct Marketing, vol. 11, no. 4. pp. 6–13, 1989.
B. Zapata and A. Niñirola, Testing and Securing Android Studio Applications. 2014.
“Why does Facebook use so much RAM?” [Online]. Available: https://www.quora.com/Why-does-Facebook-use-so-much-RAM. [Accessed: 10-Jul-2017].
“Bangladesh Agricultural University.” [Online]. Available: http://bau.edu.bd/. [Accessed: 14-Jul-2017].
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to reject the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.